Wednesday 18 April 2012

Patates écrasé avec des oeufs

This is one of my favourite comfort foods. My grandma from the countryside in New Brunswick fed it to my mom, my mom fed it to me and I still make it for myself. I find that those foods your mom made you are the ones that can make you feel close to home when you're feeling a little home sick.

So here goes!  First I wash my potatoes then I cut them into similar size pieces. and I boil them.
This is the first time I tried the wooden spoon on the pot to make sure it doesn't boil over and it works!
I usually boil my potatoes around 20-30 minutes, checking with a fork periodically to see if they are soft enough.


Add some butter.

Add some milk. Less is more in this situation. You can always add more if you need it but is hard to take it out.

Get mashing!


So here is our mashed potato base.


Fry up either one or two eggs. You can make it as pretty or as "rustic" as you'd like it. Throw your egg on top.


I like to add some ketchup because I just love my ketchup. It is good with tomato paste too. My mom likes to eat it just as is so that is an option too.


I know this looks gross but it's not, trust me! You mix it and up and eat it up!

Let me know what you think. I have never met anyone else, outside of my family, who has eaten or heard of this before so if you have please let me know


I hope you have a wonderful day. I have seen some beautiful bids lately and I hope you take time to appreciate those little things that make our world so marvelous.

P.S. I just finished a huge (to me) t-shirt quilt. Pics to come soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment