Monday 9 April 2012

Yum! Sweet potato quinoa burgers!

I'm not vegan or vegetarian by any means but that doesn't mean I can't try some no meat meals from time to time. Like almost everyone else, I too, have been trying to eat more quinoa. I recently found this recipe for sweet potato quinoa burgers and I am hooked. 


At first I was a little weary because I know some ingredients (i.e. almond flour) can get expensive. However, I found some solutions: 1) I bought my spices in bulk from Tutti Fruti in Kensingtom Market ( I will mist this place when I move) and 2) I made my own almond flour by attaching my immersion blender to the mini food processor attachment and using that to grind it up. One thing I would mention is that you have to stop before the oils in the almonds start coming out or else you'll end up with almond butter.



Frying up one of my frozen burgers.


Probably not the healthiest way to eat the burger but me and my mom had just had a nice day in the sun at St. Jacobs and we felt like a beer was in order. There goes my one beer for the month!
I also like to had some cheese to my burger but it's because I'm a cheese addict. 

Wishing you a wonderful day full of inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment