Sunday 8 April 2012

Raspberry Lemon Muffins

I think it was at the age of 18 when I started collecting recipes in one of those old workbooks. I would cut and glue whenever I found a new recipe. Here is one of my favourite muffin recipes for muffins that scream spring/summer.

The original recipe.


Mmmm! Can't you smell them?


The dry and the wet ingredients. I ended up mixing my ingredients and putting them in the fridge. I added the frozen raspberries and baked them the following day.


The lovely breakfast for my mom's visit.


Recipe

Ingredients
2 c all-purpose flour
1 c quick cooking oats (and a bit to sprinkle on top)
1 c brown sugar
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk ( I usually do 1 cup of regular milk and 1/4 cup of lemon juice that i get from the lemon whose rind I've grated.)
1/3 c vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla
3/4 frozen raspberries

  • In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
  • In separate bowl beat eggs; blend in buttermilk, oil and and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with raspberries: stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
  • Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
  • Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes.
  • Makes 12 average sized muffins.
I wish I knew which magazine this recipe came from so I could properly source it. Sorry.

Hope you are having a wonderful day with lots of sunshine. If not, make some muffins and think of sunny days. Happy Easter! 



No comments:

Post a Comment